Trajectory (the path the office is currently on under Wright’s Leadership)
What has John Wright done with the stewardship of the Assessor’s Office
entrusted to him?
- He has set the office on a course, a path, a trajectory of continuous
improvement. A concrete example of this is the recently completed self-
review, a comprehensive submission to be considered for The Certificate of
Excellence in Assessment Administration. This 240-page document, with
over 600 exhibits, was a complete, comprehensive review of the office and
its practices with the objective of emulating the recognized best practices
in the assessment profession.
- The Tulsa County Assessor’s Office has been improving and adapting the
application of state-of-the-art technology to increase accuracy, cost
effectiveness, and overall improvement of the records of the office.
- We continue to invest in the professional development of our appraisal
staff with two additional members recently achieving a designation with
the International Association of Assessing Officials, and several additional
personnel close to this achievement.
- John Wright approaches the management of the office with a servant
leadership style and continues to instill a culture of service and an attitude
of treating both fellow employees and the taxpayers with courtesy and
- The office fulfills its mission of accurate assessment with equality and
fairness, through knowledgeable application of the requirements of the
Oklahoma State Statutes, Administrative Rules, and Constitutional
This is all evidence of a course that should be continued with the steady
leadership and direction of the office under John A. Wright.